HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR MY APPOINTMENT?
- If you have reference pictures, please feel free to bring these to your appointment along with nay brow product you are currently using.
- If you tint your brows you will want to do so 72 hours before your appointment.
- If you prefer to have your eyebrows waxed/threaded please do so at least 3 days before your appointment, otherwise I can remove stray hairs when I design your brows.
- Shower and wash your face the day of your appointment.
- You must not use Retin-A near the brow area 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- You will need to avoid water/salt water and extreme sun exposure for at least two weeks following your appointment.
- No Botox, fillers, Microdermabrasion, chemical peels or anything of the like for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
Doing any of the following will cause excessive bleeding during your procedure and will hinder your final result:
- Do not work out the day of your appointment.
- You should not take (unless prescribed by a Doctor) any medications that may thin your blood (i.e. Aspirin, Ibproferen, fish oil, Vitamin E) 72 hours before or immediately after your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol within 24 hours of your procedure.
- Avoid caffeine for 12 hours before your procedure.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER MY APPOINTMENT?
In the hours following your procedure your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will appear much darker and bolder than it will heal due to oxidation in the surface layer of your skin. Your Semi-Permanent Cosmetics will also appear warmer in color. You may experience some redness or swelling around the treated area, this typically disappears within 48 hours.
Around day 3 you may notice some flaking or light scabbing on the treated area, do not pick at it, doing so can result in loss of pigment in those areas. Brows may appear spotty or patchy until the entire brow has finished healing. You may notice that some areas may appear very light or even to have lost pigment entirely after they have peeled, the epidermis will be thicker causing muting, hiding or diffusing of pigment underneath. The epidermis will normalize over the next 4 weeks and softened pigment should appear more clearly on surface of the skin.
At 4 weeks your brows will be fully healed. Whatever pigment that does not return will be addressed at your touch up appointment or if you’d prefer darker, bolder brows we can always add more color or dimension during that appointment!